Monday, February 24, 2020

50. 13th February 2020


This evening I hosted my Master’s Dinner at The Travellers Club on Pall Mall.

My warm thanks are extended to David Lloyd Owen, a member of The Travellers Club, for making it possible for me to host my Dinner at the Club.

The Travellers Club dates back to the return to peace after the Napoleonic Wars, and moved to its present premises in 1832 – designed by Charles Barry, who later designed The Reform Club next door , and also The Houses of Parliament.

Interestingly, the Club was founded in 1819 “for gentlemen who had travelled out of the British Isles to a distance of at least five hundred miles from London in a direct line.”

The Inner Drawing Room of the Club was an excellent venue for the 27 guests who attended the Dinner. A most convivial evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment