Wednesday, January 29, 2020

43. 28th January 2020


Winter is here with a vengeance! So I thought as I walked on a very cold, clear evening from Barnsbury Square down to Smithfield and to the newly renovated Butchers’ Hall. The wind was bitterly cold and I regretted the absence of my woollen hat – although it might not have looked too well with the Dinner Jacket that I was wearing!

And so to Butchers’ Hall for a Dinner hosted by the Port Health and Environmental Services Committee. It was an excellent evening and an opportunity to catch up with a number of Officers of the City Corporation, as well as to meet some new ones, over a delicious dinner. The Guest Speaker, Head of Commercial, UK Ports, DP World London Gateway gave a most interesting speech on the financial contribution of ports, particularly London Gateway, to the UK economy.

Plenty to think about as I walked back to Barnsbury Square!

No comments:

Post a Comment