Monday, March 9, 2020

57. 5th March 2020


This evening I had the pleasure of re-visiting Painters’ Hall – the first time that I had been back there for a Dinner since our own Banquet in November 2019. So there were plenty of memories as I took my seat in the Dining Hall as a Guest of the Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers at their Spring Court Dinner.

I arrived at Painters’ Hall on a bitterly cold, wet and windy evening – winter seemed to have returned with a vengeance! But my spirits were soon rising as we enjoyed a convivial Reception before dinner. This was followed an excellent menu, wines and two very well composed and amusing speeches from the Guest Speakers for the evening. The company in my immediate vicinity at table was on good form, and it seemed that the evening passed in a trice!

And as an added bonus, when I left Painters’ Hall, the day long rain had actually ceased!


No comments:

Post a Comment