Monday, October 7, 2019

18. 6th October 2019

A Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Beacon
on the walk route

Torrential rain hammering on the roof woke me at around 6.00am this morning – an early Sunday morning awakening! As I drifted off back to sleep I thought that it did not bode well for our River Chess Sponsored Walk, which was due to take place later in the day.

Fortunately when I re-awoke around 8.00 am the rain had stopped and a reasonable day’s weather was in prospect.

A tube ride to Chorleywood saw me meet up with my co – walkers, and the ten of us then walked the 7 miles or so between Chorleywood and Chesham following the route of the River Chess. The River Chess lies in The Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – it was a revelation to me, as I had until now never had the opportunity to enjoy the countryside of this part of the Home Counties .

The weather remained kind to us throughout the walk and around 3.30pm we reached Chesham where we all enjoyed a late lunch.

The sponsorship monies raised on the Walk are going to support the work of our Charity, The Water Conservation Trust, in schools.  It looks as though we will have raised around £2500 from the day’s walk , including some generous matched funding from Thames Water’s Charity Committee.

Morning Refreshments!


Team Photo!

A Rainstorm Gathering in the Chess Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment