Tuesday, July 16, 2019

3. 1920's Club, 15th July 2019


The North side of Cheapside was bathed in early evening sunlight at the end of a beautiful summer’s afternoon as Judy and I made our way to Saddlers’ Hall for a barbecue hosted by the 1920’s Club.

Enjoying pre-dinner drinks in the garden of Saddlers' Hall 
The 1920’s Club is an initiative set up by Adele Thorpe, Senior Vice President of The City Livery Club, to enable those Senior Wardens in the 2019/2020 cohort to get to know each other prior to entering  their year of office as Master. It has been a most successful and enjoyable initiative which has been very useful in enabling Judy and I to get to know a range of our Livery “ contemporaries ” before my actually becoming Master.

Revisiting Saddlers’ Hall brought back many memories for me. The last time that I had been at Saddlers’ Hall was when I was an articled clerk training to become a solicitor, more than forty years ago! The firm to which I was articled had its offices at that time at Saddlers’ Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment